465 NIGERIANS EVACUATED FROM LIBYA ARRIVE IN PORT HARCOURT

Nigerian-Returnees-from-Libya

The fourth batch of 465 Nigerian returnees from Libya have arrived in Port Harcourt, Mr. Martins Ejike, South-South Zonal Coordinator, National Emergency Management Agency, has said. Ejike, who received the returnees on Friday, told newsmen that the people arrived at Port Harcourt International Airport at about 12.25 a.m. on board Max Air. Ejike said that the evacuation of Nigerians stranded in Lybia had been a huge success in spite of some challenges in Lybia during the negotiations for their return.

He said that the Federal Government had put every mechanism in place to fast-track the evacuation of the returnees. The coordinator said that every process needed for the evacuation was taking place step by step. He expressed joy over the response of states in picking up their indigenes at the evacuation centre after a complaint by NEMA of dissatisfaction over states not collecting their indigenes on time.

“I am happy that the last set of returnees at the centre were all taken back to their various states on January 15,” he said. He said the agency would contact state governors for prompt evacuation of the returnees from the Port Harcourt centre.